Friday, November 12, 2010

Last few days of Southeast Asia

Since I have a little jet lag back home and am up in the middle of the night without being able to fall back to sleep, I thought I would take a few minutes to write about my last few days on my trip.

The rest of my days in KL ended up being really hectic because our schedule was quite full with all the events between school visits and evening events and receptions, so I didn't do any sightseeing the rest of the time. I did, however, accompany a couple of the other Canadian recruiters to shopping on the Monday night, the only free night we had, because they were a little apprehensive to go alone, and I figured I would help save them time trying to figure out the train system since I had already spent so much time figuring it out over the weekend. Outside of that, I didn't do much else. Toward the end of the week, I went to my aunt's place and spent the weekend with her, which was nice because I could really just relax there, and she also enjoyed it because it was diwali, and she was happy to have family there for that holiday. During my time there, I met my cousin's in-laws, and they took me with them shopping on Saturday, and I was able to try that fish pedicure treatment where these little fish just eat the dead skin off your feet. It works really well, and I like it over getting my feet scraped with a blade as well.

On Sunday evening, I had to leave Malaysia for Singapore. I didn't have many memories of that country because I went there 14 years ago, and we really only went for about a day in order to go shopping. So it was nice to return there. I didn't get to do a lot of sightseeing there because it didn't work out too well with my schedule, but I was able to just to walk around my hotel a bit, and there was a lot to see nearby, such as Bugis Street, which is a crazy busy market that I can't even describe! And there were lots of hawkers around, so I was able to get really cheap and good food, which I liked because I hate being forced to eat overpriced hotel food. If you ever need to go to Singapore, I highly recommend the Ibis hotel on Bencoolen Street because of the location. The hotel itself had kind of small and cramped rooms, but they were quite decent, and lots of great things to see and do are nearby, and it's really centrally located in Singapore.

The best part about it all is that I'm scheduled to back to this region for work in February, so I hope to schedule in some more fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment